Honors & Rewards
- San Antonio Scene Top Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Certified in DWI Standard Field Sobriety Testing
- Lead Counsel Rated, 2019
- Best Lawyer in San Antonio Scene in SA Magazine, 2013 and 2019
- Lead Counsel Thomson Reuters, 2019
- Lead Counsel DWI Defense, Thomson Reuters 2019
- Lead Counsel Juvenile Law, Thomson Reuters 2019
- San Antonio’s Best Lawyers SA Monthly, 2019
- Top Lawyer Scene in SA Magazine, 2016
- St. Mary’s School of Law, San Antonio Texas, 2005, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin Texas, 2003, B.A. in Government
- Atascosa County Attorney’s Office, Criminal Prosecutor, 2014-2018
- Law Office of Christopher D. Cavazos, San Antonio Texas Attorney, 2005-2014
- Wilson County Special Prosecutor
- Frio County Special Prosecutor
- Juvenile Court Prosecutor
Christopher D. Cavazos
Christopher D. Cavazos has over 15 years of experience handling thousands of criminal cases throughout San Antonio and the surrounding counties. He attended the University of Texas at Austin, where he earned his B.A. in Government before moving on to receive his Juris Doctorate from St. Mary’s School of Law.
Mr. Cavazos has extensive experience in the criminal justice system, practicing law as both a defense attorney and as a prosecutor. Prior to Barrera, Cavazos & Powers, he served as a Prosecutor in Atascosa County and was appointed as a Special Prosecutor in both Wilson and Frio County. Mr. Cavazos specializes in criminal matters, including driving while intoxicated, assaults, protective orders, juvenile, and drug cases and was named as one of the Top Criminal Defense Lawyers in San Antonio.
Chris has taken the time to give back to the local communities as well by serving as a mentor to law students and working with local high school mock trial teams as they prepare for their state competitions.
Upon finishing his time at the Atascosa County Attorney’s Office, Mr. Cavazos and his partners Stephen C. Barrera and Brian T. Powers founded Barrera, Cavazos & Powers, bringing together over 40 years of experience as prosecutors, judges, and defense attorneys to vigorously defend those accused of a crime.
From Our Clients
“Chris C was outstanding in my sons case. Chris kept in touch with us and let us know what to expect and before trail and during trail
My son was found Not Guilty“
“I was really impressed with Christopher Cavazos and how well he knew the law. On several occasions he’s given us valuable legal advice and has been respectful and professional no matter how many questions we had. I recommend him to everyone I know!”
“Chris has been our family lawyer for years, he’s helped us on everything from contract review to traffic tickets. I highly recommend him and his firm to anyone.”